Underground Fuel Tanks
Our fiberglass tanks provide safe, long-term underground storage
Tank owners and system designers of underground fuel systems need tanks that provide secure storage of fuel over time. Xerxes by Shawcor fiberglass double-wall tanks are an excellent solution because they are corrosion-resistant, both inside and out. Our tanks have a proven record of compatibility with traditional petroleum fuel as well as with new biofuels, which are increasing in use. Check out aerial drone footage of our underground fuel tanks being installed at a Buc-ees’s site in the United States.
Fiberglass tanks are not vulnerable to problems inherent in storing highly corrosive ethanol-blended fuels (E10, E15, E85), biodiesel fuels and ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD). Nor are fiberglass tanks vulnerable to rust caused by corrosive soil environments. Options such as protective coatings and cathodic protection don’t guard entirely against external corrosion and rust. Neither do they provide protection against the fuel industry’s largest challenge – internal corrosion of metallic tanks and accessories. This makes Xerxes fiberglass double-wall tanks a superior choice for a wide range of fuel applications. Where a nearby aquifer, river, lake or stream may call for protection beyond secondary containment, our triple-wall fiberglass tanks an extra level of security.
Visit our YouTube channel to view our new tank installation videos.
Your Complete Solution
We can provide a complete solution for your project’s storage tank needs with a wide range of sizes and accessories. We also have an extensive network of equipment distributors and knowlegeable fuel-system installers throughout North America.
- UL-listed (1316) and ULC-listed (615) for alcohol fuels
- 100% premium fiberglass and resin
- Corrosion-resistant inside and out
- Secondary containment around full circumference of tank
- Double-wall, triple-wall and multicompartment models
- Structurally strong cylindrical tank with integral rib construction
- 3D glass fabric (Parabeam®) bonding the tank walls together for added strength
- Designed to withstand surface H-20 and HS-20 axle loads
- Lightweight so easy to ship and easy to install
- Monitoring options – dry and hydrostatic
- Accessories fitting a variety of applications
- Available in capacities up to 50,000 gallons in the US
- Available in capacities up to 155,000 liters in Canada
- 30-year limited warranty