Excess flow, infiltration and stormwater can overload sewer collection systems and lift stations. Sewage can sometimes overflow into streets, rivers or private property. When these overflows pollute watersheds, municipalities and sewer districts receive heavy regulatory or EPA orders.
Combined sewer overflows (CSOs) from stormwater are a major source of these type events. When Stormwater enters the sewer collection system, it can cause an overflow that is often directed to a river, stream, lake or ocean without treatment. This runoff can contain a surprising amount of pollutants, including oil, grease and feces. The EPA can fine municipalities millions of dollars under modern regulatory standards.
Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSOs) are the result of blocked sewer lines, excessive rain, equipment malfunctions, and broken sewer lines. These events can also cause untreated sewage to discharge from a sewer into the environment before it can reach a treatment facility. SSO can cause illness, beach closures and restrictions on fish and shellfish consumption.
CSO and SSO storage systems prevent contamination, pollution, and flooding. Our fiberglass underground storage systems are engineered pipe and tank design modules. They’re easily installed and self-cleaning, reducing maintenance, odors and solids buildup – especially compared to other, flat-bottomed collection systems. Fiberglass is corrosion resistant compared to concrete, providing a longer lifecycle to the system.
- Modular design for possible phased installation
- Custom pipe and tank length determined by your needs
- Self-cleaning design
- Wide assortment of custom options for turnkey storage solutions
- Underground storage saves space and is rated for H-20 traffic loads
- Lightweight for cost-effective shipping and easy installation
- Up to 35’ deep burial
- Rated for H-20 and HS-20 traffic loads
- 5 to 1 safety factor structural design
- Integral rib design creates structural strength
- Corrosion resistant, inside and out
- Buoyancy calculations provided
- Engineered deadmen system supplied